CSLF Technical Group
The Technical Group is responsible for carrying out the following functions of the CSLF:
|Members of the CSLF Technical Group meet in Delhi, |
India in April 2006.
- Identify key technical, economic, environmental and other issues related to the achievement of improved technological capacity.
- Identify potential areas of multilateral collaboration on carbon capture, transport and storage technologies.
- Foster collaborative research, development, and demonstration (RD&D) projects reflecting Members' priorities.
- Assess regularly the progress of collaborative projects and make recommendations to the Policy Group on the direction of such projects.
- Establish and regularly assess an inventory of the potential areas of needed research.
- Facilitate technical collaboration with all sectors of the international research community, academia, industry, government and non-governmental organizations.
- Consider approaches to address issues associated with the above functions.
The Technical Group will:
As part of its mission under the CSLF Charter to "identify promising directions for research," the CSLF Technical Group has produced a Technology Roadmap that is intended to act as a guide for the CSLF and its Members in describing possible routes to future carbon dioxide capture, transport and storage needs. This Roadmap will indicate areas where the CSLF can make a difference and add value through international collaborative effort.
- Recommend collaborative projects to the Policy Group.
- Set up and keep procedures to review the progress of collaborative projects.
- Follow the instructions and guidance of the Policy Group on required tasks and initiatives to be undertaken.